This is the privacy notice of GRW Translation. In this document, “I”, “my”, or “me” refer to GRW Translation.
My registered office is at Flat 3, 81 Highbury Hill, London N5 1SX, United Kingdom.
- This is a notice to inform you of my policy about all information that I record about you. It sets out the conditions under which I may process any information that I collect from you, or that you provide to me. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- I regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave my website immediately.
- I take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all visitors to my website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to me, and hope that you reciprocate.
- My policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires me to tell you about your rights and my obligations to you in respect of the processing and control of your personal data. I do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org.
- Except as set out below, I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through my website.
The bases on which I process information about you
The law requires me to determine under which of six defined bases I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which I process your personal information is no longer relevant, then I shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law I shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which I have determined that I can continue to process your information.
1. Information I process because I have a contractual obligation with you
When you buy a product or service from me, or otherwise agree to my terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and me.
In order to carry out my obligations under that contract I must process the information you give me. Some of this information may be personal information.
I may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with my services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website.
I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before I enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, I may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor my performance with respect to a particular service I provide. If I use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
I shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information I process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse my website or ask me to provide you more information about my business, including my products and services, you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send me a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect me to reply.
Except where you have consented to my use of your information for a specific purpose, I do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. I may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on my website.
If you have given me explicit permission to do so, I may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom I consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
I continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing me at email@example.com. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use my website or my services further.
3. Information I process for the purposes of legitimate interests
I may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to me, of doing so.
Where I process your information on this basis, I do so after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect me to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so.
For example, I may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of my business
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which I believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage my business risk
- protecting your interests where I believe I have a duty to do so.
4. Information I process because I have a legal obligation
I am subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, I must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to me
5. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
I do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
I do store it, and I reserve a right to use it in the future in any way I decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, I have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. I accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for me to retain it, then at my discretion I may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Complaints regarding content on my website
If you complain about any of the content on my website, I shall investigate your complaint.
If I feel it is justified or if I believe the law requires me to do so, I shall remove the content while I investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so I have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If I think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, I shall not correspond with you about it.
7. Information relating to your method of payment
I take the following measures to protect your payment information:
7.1 I do not keep all your payment information so as:
7.11 to prevent the possibility of our duplicating a transaction without a new instruction from you;
7.12 to prevent any other third party from carrying out a transaction without your consent
7.2 Access to your payment information is restricted to myself only.
8. Sending a message to me
When you contact me, whether by telephone, through my website or by e-mail, I collect the data you have given to me in order to reply with the information you need.
I record your request and my reply in order to increase the efficiency of GRW Translation.
I keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address, so as to be able to track my communications with you to provide a high quality service.
When I receive a complaint, I record all the information you have given to me.
I use that information to resolve your complaint.
I may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service I provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
10. Business partner information
This is information given to me by you in your capacity as a business partner.
It allows me to recognise visitors that you have referred to me, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows me to transfer a commission to you.
The information is not used for any other purpose.
I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship.
I expect any partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
11.1 to track how you use my website
11.2 to record whether you have seen specific messages I display on my website
11.3 to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on my site while you complete them.
12. Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to my server for web pages and other content on my website are recorded.
I record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. I also record information about the software you are using to browse my website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
I use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on my website and how I perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information I know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to my website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
13. Information I obtain from third parties
Although I do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), I sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services I use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
14. Data may be processed outside the European Union
My website is hosted in the United Kingdom.
I may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of my business.
Accordingly, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
For example, some of the software my website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia.
15. How you can complain
15.2 If a dispute is not settled then I hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with me in a process of mediation or arbitration.
15.3 If you are in any way dissatisfied about how I process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
16. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, I keep your personal information only for as long as required by me:
16.1 to provide you with the services you have requested;
16. 2 to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by my tax authorities;
16.3 to support a claim or defence in court.
17. Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use my website.
I may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on my website on the day you use my website. I advise you to print a copy for your records.